Google is an ever-changing tool used for marketing your business online. Once you think you understand it BAM! It changes again. So when Google launched the new Google My Business in replace of Google Places for Business, the changes left businesses wondering “Now what?”
First of all, lets answer the important question. What exactly is Google My Business?
Gone are the days of bouncing between different Google tools! Google My Business is an all in one tool to help make managing your Business information across Google Maps, Google+, and your local Google Listing simpler. Lets take a closer look.
– Here is a snippet from the new Google My Business dashboard. At the top, the information for your business has been combined into an easy to read listing. Coupled with this, Google has added a tool that shows you exactly what your listing is missing. This easy to use tool will help businesses to understand what information is needed or missing in their listings.
– Next comes Google+ Share. This allows business to upload and share content right from the My Business dashboard, eliminating the extra step of going to your businesses Google+ page directly.
– The Insights tool is an extremely useful tool when it comes to understanding your audience. Not only does it inform you about views, clicks, or new followers, it helps to understand what your audience is looking for. Why did they come to your page? What were they looking for? When viewing the insight, you can see exactly that.
– With the manage review bars, businesses are now able to see their reviews not just from Google, but from around the net as well. This tool allows businesses to find their reviews and respond and connect with their customers.
– YouTube, Google Analytics, and Start a Hangout are new optional add-ons to the Google My Business Dashboard. These options allow users to easily connect to their different accounts smoothly and get the insight that they need.
With this new update, businesses will find it easier then ever to keep up with their business and customers online. It will be encouraging to see what Google will include with Google My Business that will further benefit businesses in the months to come!