While growing a business our primary goal is reaching potential customers. With our company branded, we use social media, email marketing, events and even the good old fashioned newspaper with the hope of attracting new customers. While these are fantastic and necessary steps in projecting a business’ presence, they can be very hit-or-miss styles of advertising. Why?
Take social media for example. Great content only pays off if fans actually see your post. Sure, you’ll read 5 different articles on the web claiming the best times to post, but let’s face it – you’re not going to reach everyone. It’s a bit of a leap: Put yourself out there, cross your fingers and hold your breath.
What if you could reach potential customers at the exact moment that they were looking for your products or services? No, this is not a marketing ploy. It’s called Google AdWords and it works.
What is AdWords?
AdWords is an advertising program offered by Google, Inc. and is a pay-per-click basis for advertisements. How does it work? Simply put, AdWords are ads are created and localized – appearing only to a demographic you want to reach. For instance, want to reach people in a specific location or at certain times? AdWords can do that. How about limiting ads to searches when people use keywords associated with your business? Yeah, it can do that too.
It boils down to this: With Google AdWords, you can specifically target people interested in your products and services. An AdWord will only be displayed when people search using keywords related to your business. You’ve just gone from trying to reach an audience to an audience looking for you.
5 Reasons to use Google AdWords.
- AdWords Attract Customers. 90% of people search for products and services using Google. You wanted to reach people, well this is where the masses are. Localizing your ad to a specific demographic, avoids wasting time with hit-or-miss style advertising.
- AdWords is Fast. The normal SEO approach to advertising can take months to see results. Don’t think for a minute we are knocking SEO, we are big fans – it’s a necessary part of marketing your business. However, the benefit of AdWords is the moment the account is activated your ad is live.
- AdWords is Measurable. In order for your online marketing plan to work you need to have the ability to measure results. AdWords PPC (pay-per-click) is one of the most measurable online channels. You can track who’s seen and clicked on your ads almost instantly. Detailed weekly and monthly reports will help you decide rather quickly which ads are working for you.
- AdWords – No Minimum Spend Requirement. Yes, you did read that correctly. With Google AdWords you’re in the drivers seat. You decide what you’re willing to pay for each click on your ad and place a limit on what you’d like to spend. Granted, exposure cost money and a small budget may yield small results, but the ball is entirely in your court so-to-speak.
- AdWords is Flexible. Is your website under construction and need to pause your use of AdWords – no problem. If you find you want to increase or decrease your budget for the day – you can. You have the ability to make instant changes.
With reasons like these, the question to be asked isn’t why you should use Google AdWords but rather, why are you NOT using AdWords. Feeling overwhelmed at the thought of launching a PPC campaign?
Here at Seapoint Digital we’ve got your back. We have set-up, audited, and managed accounts across a vast spectrum. Whether you have an E-commerce site or you are looking to drive customers to your service or organization, we will build a custom strategy that drives customers to your business.